Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't print from my computer. I get a message that my

Customer Question
I can't print from...

I can't print from my computer. I get a message that my printer is in an error state. I have a Brother MFC-J6920DW

Technician's Assistant: Is your MFC-J6920DW displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I Believe I'm using the same drivers that I have had since I bought the printer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/17/2018
Technician: Fran, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question today. I apologize for the extended wait time you've experienced, I've just received your question. And would like to assist you with your question.

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

if you can remotely connect that would be great. I am not sure that I have the total amount in in funds at this time. It might be better to take half this week and the other half next week
Didn't work
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago

Have you tried uninstalling the printer then installing it back on the computer?