Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Officejet 5744 document feeder does not work. Officejet

Customer Question
Officejet 5744 document feeder...

Officejet 5744 document feeder does not work

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Officejet 5744

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Two months or more,

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It says there is a document blockage but I can find nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/17/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

the document feeder indicates that there is a blockage but there does not appear to be anything in it.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

after unplug and restart, when paper inserted, it shows that it was inserted, but says that "document feeder was not able to pick up the original".

How old is the printer?