Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Photosmart 7520 that prints fine with all the

Customer Question
I have a Photosmart...

I have a Photosmart 7520 that prints fine with all the cartridges except the black. It won't print at all.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Model #: h8-1222
Product #: QW771AA#ABC
Serial #: MXX20706G7
Software Build #: 12NA1MRW603#SABC#DABC
Service ID #: 033-012
PCBRAND: HP

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

A couple of months. Previously if I cleaned cartridges, that resolved it. Today it quit printing completely with an XL cartridge that's only been in about a week -- just regular printing load.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Are you talking about regular updating each time you shut down the computer?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/17/2018
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 4 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I will try to reach you again on Sunday.
Hello Jeffrey. I have some time now. Are you available to assist with my issue?

I will keep checking back to see if you have responded to my issue:

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Model #: h8-1222
Product #: QW771AA#ABC
Serial #: MXX20706G7
Software Build #: 12NA1MRW603#SABC#DABC
Service ID #:033-012
PCBRAND: HP

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Please let me know when you are available.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I am available now until 3 pm MST, then again around 7 pm MST. Hopefully one of those times works.
Available now, 5:50 pm MST if you are..
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

the problem remains.

Do you see any error messages?

No. Estimate ink levels show the black cartridge to be full, which it is. I have removed the duplexer and cleaned the rollers according to HP instructions, but this didn't resolve the issue either.

Have you tried a print head cleaning?

No. I found the instructions for that so will do it later today and get back to you.

OK thank you

This did not resolve the issue. These are the instructions I followed: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03379735

How old is the printer?

It's about 4 or 5 years old, I think. The warranty has expired. When I bought it, it was the latest in the Photosmart series.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

OK. That's kind of what I figured. Thank-you for your assistance.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.