Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an ink pad end of life error message. XP - 810. I…

Customer Question
I have an ink...

I have an ink pad end of life error message. XP - 810. I ordered a replacement part and replaced the ink pad. I am having difficulty resetting it,

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just did

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
3/17/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Technician: Eldon, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Unfortunately just replacing the pad is not sufficient here.

The pad is the hardware component, but the ink counter has to be reset as well for it to function.

This is not something you can reset yourself. To do so requires special service software which is only available to authorized epson repair shops. It is not made publicly available or supported for end user use, you would have to take it into a factory authorized repair facility, and to do so is not worth the investment. The shops wil charge a $100 service fee for this, and you could buy a brand new and updated model printer with a fresh warranty for less. Given that this printer is already well over double its service life, other parts like the print head will fail any day now as well and just not be worth fixing. You are better off moving on to a new machine at this point.

My apologies for the news.

Eldon
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer