Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Normally, a "house" icon shows on the face panel of the

Customer Question
Normally, a "house" icon...

Normally, a "house" icon shows on the face panel of the printer (Photo 7855). It shows a "?". Why?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP ENVY Photo 7855

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

There was a Win update two days ago

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/16/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 5 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. First, try the following steps:

Turn the printer off, then on.

In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to Printers.

Right click on your printer and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.
Regards,
Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 4 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert