Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Office Jet 3830 all-in-one and I can't get it…

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP Office Jet 3830 all-in-one and I can't get it to just do copies?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

I have a MacBook Pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Ever since I did some Application update 3 weeks ago approx

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1016

I am on MacOS High Sierra v. 10.13.3

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am supposed to be wireless but occasionally Century Link messes up

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/17/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

I presume you mean that printing from your computer is not working? I assume that photocopying, using just the printer's own controls and buttons, is working OK.

Now, you should first try a reset of the printing system. Or, even, just removing the printer - by turning it Off, going to System Preferences, then to

Printers and Faxes,

and selecting the printer in the box to the left, then clicking once on the - button to remove it.

Then wait a few minutes, and click the + sign button there, to Add it back in... select the addition, confirm it, then turn On the printer, wait a few minutes more, and try printing to it again - something simple to start with, I suggest.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.