Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trouble with HP Photosmart 7520 e print! Has always worked…

Customer Question
Trouble with HP Photosmart...

Trouble with HP Photosmart 7520 e print ! Has always worked printing from my I phone. Today sounds like it is printing but nothing comes out on page. Have checked all plugs and outlets but is still not working

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your HP printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly from my phone ! Inside the house!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Don’t know maybe never! Don’t know how to do it!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Has always worked well. Ink is all in place. Paper is in place. Weird thing it sounds like it is printing and nothing comes out on paper!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
3/16/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 1 month ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Do you have enough ink on all the cartridges?

Are you able to copy like Xerox (photocopy) without using the computer?

Have you recently changed any wireless settings or the router itself?

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actually it did not work just now to make a copy. I would have said yes but then I tried it sounded like it was printing but paper coming out was blank!
Seems to be enough ink that is what the printer said.
Haven’t changed any wireless settings !

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. When inserting the cartridges back, make sure you insert the black cartridge first.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cleaned the contacts for all cartridges , replace the black one with new one ! Still not working , tried making copy twice did not work sounds like it is printing and nothing is printed!

Please follow the instructions in the link below. try cleaning the printhead (Step 5: Clean the printhead) two or three times.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-7520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5199461/model/5199462/document/c04770092

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to talk to a technician!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is NOT working for me. Online!

If the issue persists even after trying all theses instructions, the issue is with the printhead only. I would suggest you check with another cartridges too.

However, replacing the printhead might be costly and better getting a new printer itself.

I would suggest you contact a nearby printer repair shop and check the cost for the repair. if it is not worthy, I would suggest you get a new printer instead.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks !! This did not help!! Especially if I have to get a new printer!!
I do not want any more charges to justanswer!! Do not charge me!!
Janice M Hoffman

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you are Not Able to trouble shoot this issue on my printer?? I don’t understand !! That is what I wanted : a technician to trouble shoot this problem on our unit!!
That didn’t happen here today!!

Printhead issues is common with printers. If manual and auto cleaning procedures does not work, the issue is with the printhead or the cartridges.

I will let JustAnswer's Customer Care team know and they will be in touch. You do not have to worry about the refund.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Look forward to hear from Customer Care. Thank You