Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I sent a fax. It said fax was sent. Now what comes up on the…

Customer Question
I sent a fax...

I sent a fax. It said fax was sent. Now what comes up on the screen is the word ringing and you can hear a ringing sound. I am trying to sent another fax and it will not allow me. The screen with the ringing will not go away. I tried shutting the printer off and turned it back on and the same thing happens.

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

I just tried to make a copy and it did work.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Printer Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

OK

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/16/2018
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

And also, whats the full name brand and model of your fax / printer?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

I have Windows 10. The printer is HP EPSON XP-830 Expression Perium.

Thank you, try following these steps to reset the control panel defaults, and the fax send receive settings

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CE78201~faq-285236

if it still tries to send the fax then the issue is with your windows 10 computer, so let me know the outcome either way and I will assist you further as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.