Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Connection between computer and printer is not working

Customer Question
Connection between computer and...

Connection between computer and printer is not working again. This happens every time windows updates.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I haven't. I got the printer about a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. They have helped me a number of times with the same issue.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/16/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 6 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Have you already REconnected the printer to your wireless network? This is usually accomplished by using the buttons and small screen on the printer itself (not your computer)

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

I don't think so, thanks. I'll contact my internet provider to check the modem, and find a local tech person to fix the problem. It's a repeat issue, and I don't want to spend $52 every time the issue comes up. If local help can't deal with the problem, I'll get a different printer (not HP).
Thanks anyway.

OK. If the issue happens after a windows update, the printer may not be compatible with Windows 10, and i'm assuming you are running Windows 10. If that's the case, you can send me the make/model of printer and I can check on that for you.

Thanks, anyway; I’ll find local assistance so the issue will hopefully be permanently resolved.