Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Our printer stopped working and showed a Support Code of 200…

Customer Question
Our printer stopped working...

Our printer stopped working and showed a Support Code of 200 on the LCD printer screen. I turned off the printer and unplugged it and the instruction was to contact the service center.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon Pixma Series MG5520

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Just this morning

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

We just had our computer tuned up and cleaned this Tuesday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 5 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Is the error code B200?

Thank you.

Customer/p>

Please be informed that, B200 error means "Printhead temperature exceeded". It means that the printhead ink wells ran out of ink and the printing continued. Printing without ink in the wells OVERHEATED THE PRINTHEAD NOZZLES and potentially burned them out.

This can happen when the ink has run out and printing is continued, causing permanent damage to the nozzles.

Or the printhead voltage is abnormal because there is something wrong with the logic board, either way the printhead and logic board may need to be replaced to make the error go away.

However. I would suggest you try the following before doing any repair. If the issue persists, or you cannot move the printhead, please take it for repair.

1. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine. And remove the printhead too.

2. Turn off the printer and unplug all its cables.

3. Clean the printhead thoroughly with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab. No problem to wash the electronic board. Also shake it a little bit because there might be some ink inside the printhead. Dry it with a clean and soft paper.

4. Clean the printhead-to-printer connectors (anything metal-looking) with rubbing alcohol and q-tips.

5. Do let the printhead air-dry for about an hour.

6. Turn on the printer, put the printhead back in the printer and insert the cartridges.

Check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you cannot do any more troubleshooting yourself. The issue is either with the printhead, or the logic board, or both.

It is better to get a new printer instead of repairing it. Since these are major parts, unfortunately the cost of repairs may be more than a new printer itself, (if the printer is out of warranty).

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

I apologize for the bad news. However, this is the honest answer I can give.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
It doesn't sound like this is something you can fix by remote assistance. I'd rather get a new printer than try to fix it myself.

Please be informed that,you cannot do any more troubleshooting yourself. The issue is either with the printhead, or the logic board, or both.

It is always better to to get a new printer instead of repairing it. The repairing cost will be high, and not worthy.

Thank you.

Customer/p>