Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

While in process of printing double-sided, (80 pages already…

While in process of...

While in process of printing double-sided, (80 pages already printed) , error message came up stating," Printer error has occurred. Unplug printed and contact service center". Have model MX892. I unplugged, plugged back in and same message came up. How do I correct this? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Is your MX892 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes. Should I try to delete the current print job?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never. Never had a problem printer since I purchased it?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there any cost to this chat?

3/16/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I unplugged it.
Is it possible that the printer overheated?

It can be, let me know how it goes please

will do in 5-6 minutes. standby. thanks

thanks

Is this cost in addition to the one I already paid?

yes but optional

Let's see if it comes back up when I plug the cord back in, in about 4 minutes, ok?

yes

I just plugged it in and same message comes up. I guess I have no choice but let you connect.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

ok, I'll try it, standby.
The ink cartridges will not come to the center to remove

move them by hand please

ok, thanks.. didn't know if that would damage printer. Cartridges are out. standby

thanks

Ink remove and q-tip used to clean. Wiping down now and will let dry for 10 minutes. standby

ok

a few more minutes.

ok

replaced ink, turned on, same message. What now?

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

ok, thanks for your help

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician
are you sending survey