Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have an error on my Epsom 430 model - it says Error Code…

Have an error on...

Have an error on my Epsom 430 model - it says Error Code OXF1

Technician's Assistant: Is your Epson printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes I can not print anything because this ERROR comes up on the screen

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Sorry have no idea what you are talking about - It is a fairly new machine and I will admit I took out a piece of paper that was not printing before it came out of the machine

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO - just need to print something

3/16/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Richard, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Error Code 0xF1 is still on the screen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What was that $23 I just page for and now I have to pay another $38

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have an Apple iPad
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you tell me what the $23 I just paid for?

Do you have a computer there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am on my iPad right now and my printer is in my bedroom because they put it there to be close to the modem - why I have no idea but usually the printer worked but I will admit I took out a piece of blank paper from the printer before it fell on the floor and the error code 0xF1 came up.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Took the plug out - error code came on - can’t use the printer at all -

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Sorry about this but I was totally interrupted at 9:45 until right now. I took all the ink out of the printer - cleaned the ink in the printer with a q tip and am now waiting the 10 minutes before putting the ink back into the printer. At 11:45 I will put the ink cartridges back into the printer and send you a message and hopefully the machine will work.

Did just what you asked - the ink was out for 15 minutes - used a q tip to clean the ink - put the ink back in (all of this with machine off) turned the printer back on and the error notice just came up again.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much - I will take it back to where I bought it and have them do whatever you told me that is needed.
Richard, Technician