Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer does not print. I replaced cartridges and have run…

Printer does not print...

Printer does not print. I replaced cartridges and have run cleaning and printed test for print quality check. Magenta colour not great but otherwise good. What’s the problem.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

It is connected by cable

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I can’t remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No - guess you’ve worked out you’re communicating with a dummy

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your printer?

Do you mean the test page got printed fine, but you cannot print anything else? Is there any error or message?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

DCP J525W
Test print page tested ok
No error messages
Windows XP

Can you click on Start > Control Panel > (System and security if available) > System and confirm your Windows version there?

Any more info required?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/y7tjngur
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Do I need to save this file

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/y7tjngur
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Or cancel?
I’m on google now with j listings

Save, follow the 3-step process above please. Thanks.

Are you still there?

Yes, I'm still here. Please scroll up / down this page to see all my replies. Thank you.

Error message. Exe is not a valid Win32 application
  1. Disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer.
  2. Click on Start > Control Panel > Printers.
  3. There, right-click on the Brother printer and remove / delete and confirm to delete it.
  4. Make sure there is not any Brother printer showing there for now.
  5. Close the control panel / printer window.
  6. Make sure printer is powered on.
  7. Re-connect USB printer cable securely to both printer and computer.
  8. Wait a few minutes.
  9. Then see if you can print something now.

Please let me know. Thank you.

I have done all of that and still does not print
  1. Were you able to delete all the Brother printer(s)?
  2. When you reconnect the printer to the computer, did the computer automatically re-add the printer?
  3. Can you shut down / restart the computer and check?
Hooray at last. Printer is operating

You're welcome. Great. Thank you for your patience.