Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a brother LC75/LC71 Series Printer. I jammed some…

Customer Question
John, I have a...

John, I have a brother LC75/LC71 Series Printer. I jammed some label paper in it and iit got stuck on the rollers. I opened the back and finally was able to pull it out in parts. I also opened the front scanner and turned the rollers over several times, but the clear paper jam still is registering. I unpluged the printer but still cannot turn it off and restart. Can you help me clear it up?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your LC75 when you try to scan?

Where would I find that code?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the printer driver software?

I haven't updated the driver software. Purchased about 3 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/16/2018
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

I cannot find your printer from the information that you have provided. What are the make and model of your printer? The model name and number should be embossed on the front of the printer. (YWhat you have is provided the Part No. of the replacement ink cartridges.)

There is no serial number or name embossed on my brother printer. Nor on the side or back, I do have a CD-ROM That has MFC-J435W. I have pulled out wan onld warranty but no identifying numbers on it. there is a bar code on the product registration that reads LX1533001. That's all I have
The printer cannot turn off. That may be the problem, needs to be rebooted.
On the front it reads Innobella. When I unplug and replug it, it still stays on.
Will this technician be able to help me when he's available? What time might that be?
Since no one can assist me now, please disregard this request. I will take it to a computer lab close by or purchase a new one. Thanks for your interest.

Your Brother printer does appear to be the MFC-J435W. That model uses the LC-75 high-capacity and LC-71 standard-capacity ink cartridges. Your problem appeared to be that part of a label remained stuck to the rollers. Do you still have the "Clear Paper Jam" error? I see that you have requested Secure Remote Assistance. Are you experiencing any other problems?