Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just bought a Canon Pixma MX922. I am on a trip and found…

Customer Question
Just bought a Canon...

Just bought a Canon Pixma MX922. I am on a trip and found out I needed to print from my Mac Book Pro. Got to setting up the wireless connection and the printer wants me to push and hold the WPA button on the router. Is there a way to get around that issue? I would like to connect it to my Verizon JetPack and don't think it has a WPA button to push! Another issue is the CD that came with the printer. MBPs no longer have a built in CD payer and I forgot to bring my CD player that connects to the Mac. Is there a place where I can download the info on the CD? Suppose the CD has info for Windows and Mac's and all I need is the Mac info.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Pixma: wirelessly or by USB?

I want to do it wirelessly.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

The printer is new. Bought it today and have been going through the setup.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to know why ink is so expensive, but that is no an issue at this time.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/16/2018
Technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

OK, you do not need to worry about the WPA button or setup in this instance as the most important thing is though that your mac needs to be on the same wifi as your printer and while you are away this may be challenging due to network restrictions your hotel or whatever may have on their wifi network. But you can still try. I would assume using your verizon hotspot or jetpack may work better but no matter which you use jetpack or hotel wifi, both your mac and printer need to be connected. Here is how to connect to your wifi or jetpack

https://youtu.be/JUBRlpR6cQI

Then once connected to wifi or your jetpack, this printer you have has airprint which then you do not need to worry about drivers to download

1. Make sure your printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Mac.

2. Choose File > Print in the app you’re using.

3. Click the Printer menu, then choose the AirPrint printer under Nearby Printers.

Note: If you don’t see your AirPrint printer, you can choose Add Printer from the Printer menu and add it to your list of printers. For more information, see Add a Wi-Fi or network printer.

4. Select the other print options you want and click Print.