Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson WF7620. I can printer from my computer to…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl, I...

Hello Pearl, I have an Epson WF7620. I can printer from my computer to the printer, but when I try to scan with the printer, it is not seeing the printer. Both are on my wifi and have good connections.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your WF7620 when you try to scan?

It doesn't give me the option to choose the computer. If I pick last used, it gives communication error, check if computer is connected.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

About a month ago, you all sent me a replacement because my original had a printer head issue. I don't think I have been able to use this one at all by scanning, and the bottom tray gets a paper jam every time it tries to pull from it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/16/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, pay-per-question, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Are you trying to start the scan from your computer, or by pressing a button on the printer itself?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Pressing the button on the printer

Have you tried going to your printer control panel on computer and clicking on your printer to start a scan? You may also have scan software installed. Starting from computer is best way to go for scanning, unless you can't or won't do that for some reason.