Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP Office Jet 4650 is not scanning. I have reset

Customer Question
My HP Office Jet...

My HP Office Jet 4650 is not scanning. I have reset everything, deleted the program and reinstalled it, but still get the same result. Nothing but lines.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your OfficeJet when you try to scan?

No

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I have tried all the solutions offered by HP Doctor and still have same result.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
I will give you control if you need it.
3/16/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Did not work sir.

Ok then next click the following link to open the download web page for the most current firmware for your printer:

click here

Then click the drop down boxes to select the operating system running on your computer.

Then click the + near the firmware section and download the firmware file.

Then double click on the firmware file and follow the prompts exactly to complete the firmware update.

Then power down and power up the printer and test to see if the scanning issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.