Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

HP)fficeJet 6958. Ipad and Iphones had been working but will…

HP)fficeJet 6958 Technician's Assistant:...

HP)fficeJet 6958

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Ipad and Iphones had been working but will not connect "no air print printers found" was the message. ATTT says wireless is ok-TVs work, etc.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Printed printer "network test report" initially "Gateway Access" FAILED; shot

3/15/2018
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Have you tried reconnecting the printer to WiFi network?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Shut done gateway/printer in the suggested sequence. "Gateway Acess now PASSES.
Shut down Iphon & restarted but still get "no airprint rinters found"

Try reconnecting the printer to the WiFi network.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
  2. On the printer control panel, select the Wireless icon .
    The Wireless Summary screen appears.
  3. Select Settings, and then select Wireless Setup Wizard. (Tap Wireless Settings if you see that)
  4. Follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your WiFi network.

Also, make sure the iPad and iPhones are connected to same WiFi network. Is it working ?

If not, then open App Store on your devices, search and download HP ePrint app. Open the app and does it recognize the printer?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Worked with ATT the network checks ok. never needed an HP app efore. All was working fineuntil a power failure. The problem corrected itself until a second power failure 2 weeks ago. Same problem.

Did you try reconnecting to the WiFi network using above steps?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello anybody there?

Did you get the reply?

Can you reset the network settings of your printer and then reconnect to WiFi?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have used to set up wizard and call indications are that everything is OK but I'll do it again right now
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm trying to add as suggested by the printer I'm going to turn off part of the gateway 436

This time, reset the network settings first, and then reconnect to WiFi

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Set up wizard says connection is successful
Tried to print from the iPhone got the same message no air print printers found
any other suggestions

Have you tried restarting both iPad and iPad?

Also, please download the HP ePrint and try it. HP ePrint uses different driver from AirPrint. This is to check if the printer is online, that is discoverable with all drivers

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'd be happy to pay $39 for the secure about assistance if you think that would do it would you suggest that

Secure remote will only work on PCs, that is troubleshooting the printer is not possible via iPad or iPhone. It is optional.

Did you reset the network settings of printer?

Tap WiFi > WiFi Settings or Settings icon > Restore Wireless Settings. This will reset the Wireless settings. Then restart the printer and reconnect it back to your WiFi network.This will fix if this is a corrupted configuration settings.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to the set up wizard on the printer and the connection was successful
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm going to download that HP app that you suggested
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But I never needed to do that in the past and I've had HP printers for a number of years but I'll give it a try
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have restore the original network defaults
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am restarting the printer

Also, restart the modem/router and iPad/Iphone as well

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm running to set up wizard the Wi-Fi network name is ***** *****

Ok, let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Printer is connecting
printer says connection is successful
printing out wireless network test results
No problems were found congratulations on the set up of your wireless printer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm going to restart the modem and the iPhone

Ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Shutting down the printer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Shutting down the phone And restarting

Let me know if it still not finding

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no luck
same message no air print printers found I'll try to install download that HP app that you suggested now

Does your computer recognize the printer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Apple iOS app was retired in May 9, 2017 according to the attachment below
This document is for HP wireless printers and Android and Amazon Fire smartphones and tablets.
Print from your Android or Amazon Fire device with the HP ePrint app.
NOTE:
The HP ePrint app retired for Apple iOS devices on May 31, 2017. For more information, see How does the retirement of the iOS version of the HP ePrint app affect my Apple iOS device? in the Frequently asked questions (FAQs) section.

Check HP Smart

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
downloaded hp smart to my iPhone-(never had o do this before)
C0onnected via the printer ip address
message: "UNABLE TO CONNECT"
What now?

I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas. I will opt out and open this question to other experts in here. If they have any idea, they will get back to you. If no one gets back to you, then you will get full refund (you can contact the customer support) since we couldn't solve the problem.

Please don't rate the answer anything, so other expert can take this question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for trying I'll be waiting for another expert to reply
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. It looks like you still need assistance?

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. It looks like you still need assistance.

We can troubleshoot your printer connection using your computer.

Is your computer a pc or a mac? What is your computer operating system?

To correct the connection problem with your printer, we will need to reset your printing syst4em, uninstall your printer software, restart your computer, and download and install the latest drivers for your printer from the official manufacturer's support website. I can show you how to do this interactively. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Please let me know when you are back online, and I will get back to you ASAP.

Hello. Why have you have given me a negative rating? Please allow me to explain my approach to your problem. I have read the transcript of your session with the previous expert, and I am prepared to repair the connection between your mobile devices and your printer without asking you to download any additional apps such as those that the previous expert hA suggested. The reason that I was planning on using your computer to troubleshoot the problem with your mobile devices is that I have found that the most successful strategy is to get the connection between the computer and printer working first before working on the mobile devices.

You mentioned that you wanted to try a Secure Remote Connection. That works for me if you still want to do that. Will you give me an opportunity to resolve your problem and convert my negative rating to a positive one?

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer