Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I NEED TO CHANGE THE INK OR TONER CARTRIDGE AND DON'T KNOW…

Customer Question
I NEED TO CHANGE...

I NEED TO CHANGE THE INK OR TONER CARTRIDGE AND DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

PC940

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I DON'T NOW WHERE TO FIND THE CARTRIDGE ON MY COPIER. I CAN OPEN THE TOP BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE TO LOOK

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO I THINK I HAVE A REPLACEMENT BUT NOT WITH ME RIGHT NOW I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO LOOK ON THE COPIER

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/15/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 3 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please follow these steps:

How to Change a Toner Cartridge in a Canon PC940

1. Remove the new toner cartridge from the box. Take off any packaging materials used to protect the Canon toner cartridge during shipment.
2. Open the top of the PC940, and slide the old toner cartridge out of the machine. Set that toner cartridge aside for recycling.
3. Shake the new toner cartridge back and forth five or six times to distribute the toner powder evenly inside the cartridge. Pull the tab on the side of the toner cartridge to release the toner.
4. Insert the new toner cartridge in the PC940. Close the top cover, and make a test copy.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert