Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Does no longer accept wifi commands. ques up documents to…

Customer Question
Does no longer accept...

Does no longer accept wifi commands. ques up documents to print but does not print until plug is usb cable Geeks checked it out and says there is a problem. But they said an exchange would have to be arranged through HP

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Initially by wireless. Bought printer last August. Worked will until last month.Geeks checked my HP printer and found no problem. They though my wifi might have restriction. Had AT&T check out our wifi and they even sent a new router. Did noit fix problem. Called Geeks again and they said bring it in. I did this morning and they said there is a problem but since I did not purchase their warrenty I would have to make arrangement through HP

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I believe the geeks did that when they were trouble shooting the printer this morning

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Think not Thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 1 month ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is Windows 10, Yes you can access my computer remotely. The Geeks did this last week and spent 2-3 hours checking the computer and found no problems. I do not currently have the printer hooked up. I left it in my car. I was hoping for an exchange augthorization from HP as I have already invested hours in the troubleshooting. Do you want me to hook up the printer.

Can we just give it a try? Just for 20 minutes?

Can you hook the printer to the computer using USB cable?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, your fee is more than I paid for the printer. It is guaranteed i believe by HP. I should have to pay nothing

Can I help you without the additional charge for remote support?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
John, Computer Science Engineer