Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My P600 Epson printer will not print large format. Keeps…

Customer Question
My P600 Epson printer...

My P600 Epson printer will not print large format. Keeps saying I have the wrong paper and I don't have the wrong paper and everything is set as it should be as far as I know. It's been doing this for some time now, but I haven't had time to fool with it. It prints 8.5 by 11 just fine.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your P600: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A month or so ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/15/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, pay-per-question, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

What is the size and type of paper you are trying to use?

What is the exact error message you receiver , and do you receive it on the printer display , or on your computer screen?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

13 by 19 Epson Luster paper, The error message is on the printer screen and says wrong paper, reload or cancel
no I prefer an answer and try to fix it myself.

1) Please remove all cartridges from printer with printer powered ON. Also remove all paper.

2) Wipe off contacts on cartridges with clean lint free cloth or paper towel. Also check for any bits of paper inside printer, and remove.

3) Unplug printer from POWER (you wall power outlet), so printer goes dark

4) While the power is UNPLUGGED, press and hold the power button on printer for at least 30 seconds. Then, release power button.

5) Plug printer back in , and power on

6) Reinstall ink cartridges. Put paper back in.

Please let me know results of these steps. Thanks.

same thing happens. The screen says Replace with the following paper -Auto Sheet Feeder -13 x 19 in -Premium Luster All of that is already in there but my only options are cancel or reload. When I reload the same thing happens. I did notice a sound when the paper was loading like maybe something in the way it loads isn't quite right.
where is the closest repair place near Durham NC 27712?

Phone support would make this much easier and faster to solve. I sent you an offer for that, and if you'd like to accept it, I can connect with you right away.

Is this the first time you are using this paper, or have you used it before?

It doesn't yet sound like your printer is defective. Usually these problems are due to settings mismatch, loading tray or technique, or other user related issue. Try loading one sheet of the paper only in the top feeder tray. Let me know exactly what happens when you try to print.