Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon MG7120 Printer model. Printer alarm light on, touch…

Canon MG7120 Printer model ...

Canon MG7120 Printer model

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Printer alarm light on, touch screen on printer not lighting up, power light goes ON only but not off. Printer status: error. Checked power cord OK, plugged power cord out , then back in with no resolve. There was a very brief (2-3 Second ) power outage to home.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MG7120?

This only occurred this one time, printer was running very well up until now.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Windows 10 on lap top, updated 3/14/18 but problem occurred a week ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

3/15/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

OK done.
no thanks.

What were the results?

Powered up. Printer on line.I tried that but I guess I didn't leave it unplugged long enough.

ok, please do the instructions exactly as I indicated

No thank you. But thanks for help

Ok.. a bit confused sorry by your response..

You indicated you did not do the instructions correct I replied

please do the instructions exactly as I indicated

And you replied no thanks?

Do you do not want to do the instructions correctly? Why is that?

Printer ok

Perfect and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician