Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a cannon all in one printer. I recently moved and…

Customer Question
Good morning. I...

Good morning. I have a cannon all in one printer. I recently moved and just set up my printer to use. Now it is not working. The yellow light just below the on button keeps flashinh.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

I tried that yesterday and it is not even responding.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

How do I do that

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just need my printer functional. Thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 6 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. When inserting the cartridges back, make sure you insert the black cartridge first.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

Then, try printing and let me know the response.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>