Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is refusing to work.It is a Photosmart C6280 All…

Customer Question
My printer is refusing...

My printer is refusing to work.It is a Photosmart C6280 All in One. It is telling me the ink system has failed. Unable to print. Error Oxc18a 0001. I cannot tell if ink is low from looking at the containers. Normally the machine would signify this. At 1.48hrs today I passed all this information onto your department and at that time was asked to pay for answers to the problem in the sum of £31.00. In the course of attempting to cooperate with your Technician in the supply of further information in regard to email and identity matters contact was lost. I paid by Credit Card. I have since checked with my Bank and been informed the £31.00 has already been drawn by your office. Can you please either supply me with the technical information I require OR repay the fee paid. I appreciate the individual dealing with this message will probably be the original technician but perhaps you can re-direct this matter. My email number is " ***@******.*** " Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Have not done so as far as I know. I am 91 years old and fully compusmentos but lacking technical knowledge . I realise the printer is like me,somewhat elderly, but over the years it has be a first class machine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not think so, thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

No change - acting as before and indicating the same problem

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.