Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have a Brother MFC 9325CW priner that has quit working.

Customer Question
We have a Brother...

We have a Brother MFC 9325CW priner that has quit working. It displayed Unable to Print Error 28. I contacted Brother and they had me do a couple of things to try and reset it but that didn't work. Everything I see online indicates the Drum Developer Drive Motor Assembly has gone bad. I'm having a hard time finding one. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Is your MFC 9325CW displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

It first appeared and wouldn't let me print. Even after turning it off and after resetting it through the maintenance menu I think.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I've never updated it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. That's it!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/15/2018
Technician: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Here is what I suggest you try. I also provided a link to a website that has the drum unit if you need it, as well as all other parts for this model printer.

1. Power off the machine. The power switch is located on the lower right side of the machine.

a. Wait approximately 10 seconds. Power on the machine.

b. If the Print Unable 28 message cleared, the issue is resolved.

c. If the Print Unable 28 message is still on the display, go to STEP 2.

2. Test the machine without the drums and toners installed

a. Power off the Brother machine.

b. Open the top cover of the machine. Be sure that it opens completely and locks in place.

c. Remove the drum units and toner assemblies from the machine by grasping them in the center and lifting them from the machine.

NOTE: Do not separate the toners from the drums.

d. Close top cover and Turn on the power to the machine.

- If No Toner appears on the display, got to STEP e.

- If Print Unable 28 remains on the display, go to STEP 3.

e. Power off the Brother machine. Open the top cover and place the drums and toners back in the machine. Close the top cover and go to STEP 3.

3. Are you using genuine Brother toners?

Brother strongly recommends that customers use only genuine Brother drum units and/or toner cartridges. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of their individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability. The Brother limited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the use of third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.

If you are using non Brother toner, replacing the toners with Brother brand toners may resolve the issue.

If you want a new drum unit you can fine that here:
http://www.precisionroller.com/drum-units-for-brother-mfc-9325cw/details_84727.html

Please let me know if you have any further questions,or need clarity.

If this helps please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
Jamie

Would you like further assistance with this? Or has the issue been resolved yet?

Thanks,
Jamie