Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP Photosmart 6520 is offline. How do I get it back

My HP Photosmart 6520...

My HP Photosmart 6520 is offline. How do I get it back online

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your HP printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't think I've ever done that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Printer is connected to a MacBook Air. We just installed a new modem, and right after that, the printer stopped working. Don't know if that is a coincidence

3/15/2018
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
The HP will need to be reconnected to the new modem with the new modems wifi network name and password.
It will be the same process as when you first installed the printer. Do you have a USB printer cable that you can use to temporarily connect the printer to your MacBook?
I'll go find one
Okay, let me know when you have it please.
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician
I can't find the proper one

okay, thank you. Click on the blue link below and allow the remote session to download, then open the download to install and run please> then reply here with the 9 digit access code and password.http://download.teamviewer.com/download/version_12x/TeamViewer.dmg

The Install TeamViewer will no install when I double click
Cannot get it to download!

okay, you may have to allow the program to install from your Security.

1. Open the System Preferences. This can be done by either clicking on the System Preferences icon in the Dock or by going to Apple Menu > System Preferences.

2. Open the Security & Privacy pane by clicking Security & Privacy.

3. Make sure that the General tab is selected. Click the icon labeled Click the lock to make changes.

4. Enter your username and password ***** the prompt that appears and click Unlock.

5. Under the section labeled Allow applications downloaded from:, select Anywhere. On the prompt that appears, click Allow From Anywhere.

It only gives me 2 choices....Allows apps downloaded from .....App store or App Store and identified developers

Below the Gatekeeper options in the "General" tab, do you see the Teamviewer app that was blocked from opening. To trust it, select "Open Anyway" .

Here is The only thing under the general. Require password ***** sleep or screensaver begins. Show a message when the screen is locked. Disable automatic login

okay, you may be able to enter the new wifi settings from your printer control panel. Try these steps please>

1. Make sure you know your network name and your security password (WEP, WPA, or WPA2).
  2. On the printer's control panel, go to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks in the area.

Note: Settings may be accessed by touching a wrench icon, depending on the product model.

3. Select your wireless network's name from the list.
Where is my printer control panel??

on the front of the printer, there should be an lcd display.

>go to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks in the area.

1. Select your wireless network's name from the list.
  2. Then enter the wifi password
Thank you. I was looking on the computer for my printer icon. Sorry ��
My printer now says, “Now Attempting network connection
It says Connection failed. Cannot connect to network. Hatch print to print a report touch OK to restore previous network settings
Are you sure you have the correct wifi password. It is also case sensitive. Be sure to enter the CAPS.
Try removing the power cord from the printer for 1 minute then try the set up again please.
My WiFi password ***** ***** numbers
Okay,
Nope. Still not working I know it is the password. We just installed the new modem two days nope. Still not working I know it is the password. We just installed the new modem two days ago
It says the network name that I entered cannot be found. Yet when I look at my computer I have the network name there
Now it found the network, but says “cannot connect to network”
Are you still Are you still there
Now I have a connection but I still cannot print something from my computer
Where are you?
sorry about that.
I got it working. I don’t think I should be charged the fee because I did it myself
I will let customer service know that we seen were not able to use the screen connect.
Thank you

your welcome!