Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Envie 4524 New tricolour cartridge which won't print colour.

Customer Question
Envie 4524 New tricolour...

Envie 4524 New tricolour cartridge which won't print colour

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Envie 4524

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just today Ive put in new cartridge-

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I dont remember doing so

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes - how do I find information re print head- etc on this model?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
how do I access iprint settings -eg print head
this so complex please answer my query or cancel fee $5
3/15/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Is it still printing black and white properly?

How do I access settings to check print head etc

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each. (press Setup on the screen, then you'll find it from there)

If it still doesn’t print any better, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

I have to caution you up front though that the manual cleaning process is messy and time consuming. It also has a low chance of success, if you see no improvement at all from the automated cleaning. It is most likely a hardware failure (bad head) which the cleaning can’t fix, as printheads are a wear item and do fail with time/use.

Realistically, it’s probably time for a new printer. As this is a 2014 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

That said, it doesn’t hurt to try, if you wish. Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, or I can recommend replacement options if you prefer.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

im not getting answers I would like nt $5 refunded

I sent you an answer, over an hour ago, and several minutes prior to your comment that you didn't get an answer.

You then "opted out" blocking anyone from being able to respond to you at all.

Please scroll up to view the entirety of our conversation.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

The fee was never just 5, and is not something that I can refund. An answer has been provided already.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.