Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Since a technician reset my laptop the printer won't print,

Customer Question
Hi there,since a technician...

Hi there,since a technician reset my laptop the printer won't print

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

The laptop is about 18 months old,will it need it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/15/2018
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 5 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your printer?

Is there any error or message?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

What's the make / model of your computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Hi there, I will be available tomorrow afternoon.The laptop is a Asus homi.

Thank you. Also, can you please check the label(s) on your printer for the model of it?

And have you tried anything?

OK. Please reply back tomorrow afternoon. Thank you.

Hi Viet, My printer is HP Desktop 2620.
  1. Do you mean your HP printer model is Deskjet 2620, not Desktop 2620?
  2. Does your laptop have Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

sorry Deskjet.Windows 10

Thank you. Please download / install the printer driver software at the website below and check:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/12319824/model/16779281/swItemId/al-182912-4

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

If needed, use the direct website below to download / install the printer driver software file called DJ2600_Full_WebPack_43.2.2474... and check:

https://tinyurl.com/yakxqp9d

- How is it going?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule another time. Thank you.

Hi Viet, I havn't had any luck getting my printer working. Also I see I have been charged $34 on my Credit card,what was this for I am sure I was to pay only $5 to ask a question.
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. Do you still need assistance?

This is not a free service. There is a $5 fully refundable deposit to open your account. The deposit will be applied to the value of your question when you are satisfied with the answer. If you are not satisfied, you do not have to pay.

Hello, No I still havn't been able to get my printer connected.I have already been charged $34 on my Visa for the answer.

To correct the connection problem with your printer, we will need to remove your print server icon, uninstall your printer software, restart your computer, and download and install the latest drivers for your printer from the official manufacturer's support website. I can show you how to do this interactively. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Hi Joel, Sorry I havn't answered sooner. I have tried to follow your instructions but as I am not too good on the computer was unable to do that,therefore still not fixed.
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 4 months ago

Please allow me to explain. Those were not my instructions. They were just a summary of my plan for how to resolve your problem. The charges are only provisional. They will be fully refunded if we are not successful here. I can give you detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to configure your printer software on your computer to get your printer connected. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Joel I allready have paid $34,what was this for please?
I UNABLE TO PAYI am unable to pay any more.i

A $5 refundable deposit is applied to a higher negotiated fee for answering your question or resolving your problem. Satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not satisfied, you will not be charged and the provisional charge for the question value will be refunded. The secure remote assistance service is a premium service for an additional charge. However, with your cooperation it may be possible to solve your problem without a remote connection.