Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My hp4500 will not scan unless i have a color cartridge in…

Customer Question
My hp4500 will not...

My hp4500 will not scan unless i have a color cartridge in it . is that so and if not how would I scan.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

Or what would I need

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I bought this system 4 yrs ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Please Im trying to scan some documents and send them to some one this is very important

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
am not going to do this
3/15/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

This is correct, the unit will not work unless it has valid cartridges in it.

Would you like any additional information from me?

Please let me know