Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need a number to call, my office jet 6962 wont take the…

I need a number...

I need a number to call, my office jet 6962 wont take the new ink. Ive purchased HP ink THREE times and it keeps telling my remove and reinstall the cartridge

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Acer laptop its worked fine... til I need new ink

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

I bought new ink, it woulnt work i got frustrated and bought the same printer again.... the ink that came with it worked.... now need new ink again, i just got more ink today and AGAIN it wont work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The only time it works is when its the brand new ink that comes with the printer. ive had this one about 2 months' and like i said i bought the same same printer again because i had invested in all new ink for the previous one that i only had 6 months... i just bough more black today and irt says the same thing remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge

3/15/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Still says cartridge problem. Remove and reinstall cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed. I had this exact printer before. It did the same thing, after the first set of ink needed replaced and I bought new, or wouldn't accept it. I bought new ink TWICE with same result. Since I had $150 invested in ink, I just bought the same printer. Used the link that came with it. And now two months later when it needs replaced I tried the previous NEW cartridges. No luck. Went and bought another new black.....And same result. Now I have $200 worth of ink. And TWO identical non functioning printers that are 6 months and 2 months old

Ok then next update the printer firmware - if the firmware is out of date it may not communicate properly with newer cartridges. Click the link below to open the firmware download page:

click here

Then click the drop down boxes to select the operating system running on your computer (the computer connected to the printer).

Then after downloading, verify that the printer is connected and that the computer is connected to a power cord (if using a laptop), then double click on the firmware updater file just downloaded and follow the prompts to complete the firmware update.

Then restart the printer and plug in the new ink cartridges and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

I already did all this and it still doesn't work......

Are the ink cartridges you purchases genuine HP ink cartridges? If not, then I recommend returning the last set of ink cartridges and getting genuine HP ink cartridges and installing those in the printer because most printer manufacturers now include routines in their firmware that check to verify that the cartridges are not remanufactured - which means that at least on occasion empty cartridges must be replaced by genuine HP ink cartridges in order for the printer to work.

Yep! Bought HP cartridges. This is why I'm so frustrated. I bought them twice, so I have invested like $150 in ink that doesn't work! And I was dumb enough to have just went and bought the same exact printer again, so I could use the ink I bought the first time around. And same thing,,,, the ink that came with the printer works just fine, as soon as you change a cartridge it won't work... I didn't really think I could return open ink, or an open used printer.....

Ok, then the second printer should still be under warranty. I recommend that you return the printer and the ink cartridges as both are not functioning correctly - that is what I would do, especially if you bought them from a store that has a good return policy. Genuine HP ink cartridges should always work in a new HP printer for which the ink cartridges were designed.

Thank you

You're welcome - and glad I could help provide some direction.

Best regards,

David.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer