Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP ENVY 5640 will not print. Hp envy 5640. Just recently.

Customer Question
My HP ENVY 5640...

My HP ENVY 5640 will not print

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Hp envy 5640

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just recently

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Months ago to windows ten. The printer has been working until the last few days.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/14/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. There are a couple of remedies to try. Below is the first one. Try it first. If it doesn't solve the issue, reply and I will send you the second solution:

Restart the computer with the printer turned off. Once it is started, go to the search on the bottom left and type services. In services, locate print spooler. Stop it and then start it. Next, turn the printer on and wait until the computer detects it. Then do the following:

In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to Printers.

Right click on your printer and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.
Regards,
Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert