Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a MFC-9450 CDN machine and I’m wandering if I can use…

Customer Question
I have a MFC-9450...

I have a MFC-9450 CDN machine and I’m wandering if I can use it wireless or with Bluetooth

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother 9450CDN

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 9450CDN?

I don’t have it set up to do that and I’m wandering if it can be done so I can print from my Apple devices

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/14/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 5 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. According to the specificatons, this printer does not have wifi or bluetooth capabilities. It is a network printer. You can print wireless from your mobile devices using Brothe iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF, web page & e-mail) and scanning to your Apple®, Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only) mobile device.

Link to specs: http://www.brother-usa.com/mfc/modeldetail/4/mfc9450cdn/spec#conditionsContainer

Link to Brother iPrint info page: http://www.brother-usa.com/connect/mobile/

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

This did not help me at all

I answered the question you asked. You asked if your printer could be used via wifi or bluetooth. The answer is no. There is not wifi or bluetooth built in. I gave you the specs so you could see this. I also gave you the link to the information page that explains the app you can download to wirelessly print from your mobile devices. It is Internet based. Finally, if you would like to know how to make this printer wireless, you can buy a device called a wireless print server, which essentially turns a wired printer into a wireless printer. I hope that helps. Please reply with any questions.

If I’m charged $5.00 for this I’ll pay for it but I waited for a long time for an answer and thanks so I guess I can’t use my machine as a Bluetooth. Do not charge anymore cause I’m not paying for anymore
Thanks Jo-Ann

Hi Jo-Ann, thanks for your reply. I am glad I was able to clarify the capabilities of the printer. There were no remote charges, etc.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert