Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am using a Canon MX 340 and I have followed the directions…

Customer Question
I am using a...

I am using a Canon MX 340 and I have followed the directions I have been given on google twice, three times, etc and I always just get a ringing but now answer by the fax machine on the other end. But when I just dial the number on my cell phone it answers and beings the beeping fax tone. Can you help me identify the problem. Thanks so much

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Canon printer: wirelessly or by USB?

It is hard wired to the back of my desktop computer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Well, that is an excellent question. Not sure about the proper answer to that. But one time about three weeks I was able to hit lots of buttons and it worked but it has not worked since.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that is about it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
3/15/2018
Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please continue I am still unable to fax. Thank you
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do. Can you help me.

You mentioned that it works on a cell phone.

When does it not work? What are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What I meant was that if I dial the number it answers on my cell phone like fax machines do with the tone it has. Meaning it was not busy and it is a good number.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Harry I place the document in the feeder I chose fax quality then hit ok then I choose black and hit ok then I put in the number and choose fax. Those were my instructions on line from canon. But it rings and there is no answer.

Are you faxing from your line and trying to fax yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a home phone line and it is connected to that line.

You can't fax to yourself

Try faxing to another line

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not faxing to myself. I am faxing to another person and number

I asked if you were faxing to yourself and you replied with "Yes." above

Have you tried multiple numbers? What error do you see?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried faxing to two different numbers and what I get is ringing as if there is no answer. But I go to store and it goes thru right away.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think I should just go elsewhere. Thanks fir trying to help. We are getting nowhere.

OK thank you

John, Computer Science Engineer