Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I Have An Epson XP-430 The black ink Cartridge Ran Out and I…

Hello ***** Epson XP-430...

Hello ***** Epson XP-430 The black ink Cartridge Ran Out and I replaced it and now its printing very light where you can even read it and it misses Some lines altogether I replaced that Cartridge and the same problem is happening with that one also

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Xp-430

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages and the printer says it charged the ink and its ready to go

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I was wondering, there is a piece of plastic where the ink comes out seems like that should come off when installed but the original had it also

3/14/2018
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Engineer

Performing some of the built-in Maintenace processes should cure this. On the printer:

1. Press the Home button

2. Press the left or right arrow button to select Setup and press the OK button.

3. Press the up or down arrow button to select Maintenance and press the OK button.

4. Press the OK button.

5. Press the start button.

6. Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.

7 Do one of the following:

• If there are no gaps, select Finish Nozzle Check and press the OK button.

• If there are gaps or the pattern is faint, select Head Cleaning and press the OK button to continue.

8. Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the print head, check the nozzles, and repeat the process as necessary up to 4 times.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Engineer