Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is on Wi-Fi and won't print. Says status offline.

Customer Question
It is on Wi-Fi...

It is on Wi-Fi and won't print. Says status offline

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I haven't

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No Just hello Pearl Wilson. I am Lila Wilson

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/14/2018
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot and fix this issue for you?

I am not in a position to spend $39
Just tell me what to do

Before I can give you the solution to the problem, I have to figure out what the problem is.

When was the last time that you were able to print to the printer wirelessly?

I just paid $5.00 Can you fix this or do I have to cancel trial?
It printed last week

Please, unplug the power to the printer, plug it back in, and turn it on. After it is turned back on, it will automatically reconnect to your wireless signal. So, wait a few minutes after it is back on and ready. Once that is ready, please try and print again. Did that work?

No status is offline
Status says offline

Please, reconnect the printer to the wireless signal and test it once more.