Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon pixma mx410 won't grab paper. can it be fixed? today…

Customer Question
canon pixma mx410 won't grab...
canon pixma mx410 won't grab paper. can it be fixed? today
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/14/2018
Technician: WesPCDr, Technician replied 4 months ago
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.

To fix the problem, unplug the printer power cable. Open the covers and remove any cartridges and look for loose paper. Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move the rollers and get to the paper. Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.

Then plug the printer power back in try to print.

Let me know if you need additional help so I can assist further.
Also, please rate my answer below so based on your satisfaction.
Thank you.