Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't get it to grab the paper. Cano pixma mx410. I just…

Customer Question
I can't get it...

I can't get it to grab the paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Cano pixma mx410

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

I just discovered it today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I don't remember

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/14/2018
Technician: WesPCDr, Technician replied 5 months ago
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.

To fix the problem, unplug the printer power cable. Open the covers and remove any cartridges and look for loose paper. Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move the rollers and get to the paper. Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.

Then plug the printer power back in try to print.

Let me know if you need additional help so I can assist further.
Also, please rate my answer below so based on your satisfaction.
Thank you.