Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Re: HP Officejet 6958 — As per your recommendation, I

Re: HP Officejet 6958 —...
Re: HP Officejet 6958 — Hi! As per your recommendation, I purchased a new HP Printer (Officejet 6958) and am in the process of setting it up. Right now I am stuck on locating its IP address to connect it for wireless printing. However, my husband has a printer in the room and it reverts to that printer on the screen.How do I connect MY printer for wireless printing? Please help.
3/14/2018
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Thank you

Dp you know your Wifi name and password?

Follow the steps below to connect the printer to your WiFi network.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
  2. On the printer control panel, select the Wireless icon .
    The Wireless Summary screen appears.
  3. Select Settings, and then select Wireless Setup Wizard. (Tap Wireless Settings if you see that)
  4. Follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Then on your computer, go to this website --> https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-6950-all-in-one-printer-series/9666193/model/15129015

Download the printer software "HP OfficeJet 6950 All-in-One series Full Feature Software and Drivers"

Open the printer software and follow the onscreen instructions to install it. At the end of i the stallation, it will ask you to setup Wireless connection.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Technician
Thank you Ashik. Somehow this all magically came together. Thank you!

You're most welcome!