Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I changed cartride, Cannon printer changed ink cartridge and…

Customer Question
I changed cartride Technician's...

I changed cartride

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your camera?

Cannon printer changed ink cartridge and it will not print new prints,keeps printing old messages.

Technician's Assistant: What Canon model do you have?

Pixma

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Since I changed color and back cartridge

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/14/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. If this is a Windows computer you are printing from, please do the following to clear the print spooler and install the print driver:

Restart the computer with the printer turned off. Once it is started, go to the search on the bottom left and type services. In services, locate print spooler. Stop it and then start it. Next, turn the printer on and wait until the computer detects it. Then do the following:

In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to Printers.

Right click on your printer and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.
Regards,
Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert