Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have changed ink and my HP 3520 do not print the black…

Customer Question
I have changed ink...

I have changed ink and my HP 3520 do not print the black color. testpages shows yellow, cyan and blue, but no black. Original XL 364 cartrigdes

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Serial nr is CN2AK1C2WP from January 2013

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I have opened lid and tryed to clean the "heads" (after removing the cartrigdes), tryed all cleaning issues, but still no result. Testpaper shows only black color missing. Tryed to install printer again and also downloaded software to see if that helped.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No give it a go

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/14/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. First try these steps:

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Please remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a Hard reset on the printer.

* With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

* Remove USB cable, if present.

* Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

* Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

* Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

* Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test document and check if it works.

Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert