Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Its the printer, Hp envy5540. Yesterday. About 4months ago.

Its the printer, Technician's...

Its the printer,

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Hp envy5540

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your ENVY5540?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

About 4months ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Its stuck on cannot print, ive changed the cartridge, that didt work

3/14/2018
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What operating system do you use?

what do you mean

Windows 7, 8 or 10?

window 10

Ok, are you getting the message "cannot print" on the PC?

no im getting that message on printer

Ok, can you please unplug the printer's power cable and leave it off for 10 min and then power it back on and tet again?

ok
should i plug in now

Yes please

im getting the same message

Ok, can you remove the cartridge and install it again to make sure it's properly in?

Also, make sure the paper is all the way in?

ok i think we got it!

Ok great!

Would you mind to rate my services in the top right-hand corner on the stars

thank you
ok its doing it again, i tried to print a trest page and now i get that message again

Please give me 15 min

ok i will

Ok so it's on the printer screen again?

"cannot print"

i just unplugged it again

Please test again or we can reinstall the printer as well

I can help you remotely to do it?

i have unplugged, i took the cartridge out again, and i still have the same message

Apologies for the delay

Please reset the printer to factory settings

Please see video here, please note that the key combination for your printer is as follow

press BL, BL, BL, BL in quick succession (bottom left button.)

https://youtu.be/WVobkltXjbk

OK

Hi

Am I just following up on your printer?

Did you do the reset?

the printer is still not working!

Ok, sorry about that let me open this question to other experts to see if they have any other solution for you.

Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the message you get on the printer when it fails to print?

Please let me know

Thank you

hp instant ink problem.
cannot print. visit www.instantink.com for information!

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

ok. ill try it

Thank you

i did it and its still not printing :(

Thanks

It is the printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
ok