Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm trying to scan my photo on my Canon MG5520 but it is not…

I'm trying to scan...

I'm trying to scan my photo on my Canon MG5520 but it is not reading anything to my computer. I plugged in the USB cord and it can print but no other functions.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your MG5520 when you try to scan?

No it just says processing then goes back to the option to scan

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Don't remember

3/14/2018
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Was scanning working fine previously?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I have windows 10 and it was working okay previously
no...is there an update I need?

Do you have the Canon Utilities / IJ Scan Utility program on your computer? If yes, can you use that program to scan? Is there any error or message?

I was trying to find my stuff I got with the canon printer but nothing. I don't know about the utility scan....

You can click on Start, then check the program list to see if the Canon item is showing there. Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/y9jbjx2r
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.

Thank you!

You're welcome.