Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have a H.P deskjet 3520 printer which has just shown a…

Hi we have a...

Hi we have a H.P deskjet 3520 printer which has just shown a failed printer head message , I have just purchased and inserted H.P ink cartridges, however that did not solve the problem . What can I do ?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Toshiba lap top

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your DeskJet?

4 days , initially I could just reset the old cartridges and it worked , now it just growns and now it has stopped printing

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Less than 12 months ago , as I say the printer is now making a very sad noise

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

can we replace the printer head and if so at what cost
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2012 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Nathan, Engineer

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Not happy , detailed complaint sent ... no further technical discussion required .
site appeared to be a scam when full payment was deducted before any service was provided and also gross confusion re my position , my bank contacted and I was advised to cancel my credit cards as this practice was consistent with scam operators .
Refund request has been lodged