Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just got a new laptop, and my printer has been idle for a…

I just got a...

I just got a new laptop, and my printer has been idle for a while. I have 2 problems: (1) I need to connect the printer with my WiFi and, (2) I need to install the printer driver (I lost my CD) to my computer hard drive.`

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

No idea, but it's been awhile

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

3/14/2018
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

let me know the make and model of the printer

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Epson XP810

Follow these steps to remote connect
Click here
in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agree
it will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen
once its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run it
once it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

i had initiated the install and during the wifi setup i got cutoff

let me know if you face any problem with the setup

Customer hiCustomer michelle this sideCustomer i am now connectedCustomer may i atke mouse control and setup teh printer for you
Guest: yesCustomer is the printer turned on
Guest: yesCustomer ok
Guest: The wifi setup failedCustomer do you know the password ***** the wifi router
Guest: YesCustomer have you tried the steps listed on the printer setup window....Customer press the home screen..then wifis etup
Guest: YesCustomer then wifi setup wizardCustomer did your router show in the list of available networks on the printer
Guest: No - none didCustomer do you have the usb cable of printer by any chance
Guest: NoCustomer what comes up on screen when you select wireless setup wizard
Guest: 3 choices: push button setup, PM code setup and Wi-Fi Auto ConnectCustomer seleect wifi auto connectCustomer let me know what shows next
Guest: Available wi-fiCustomer does it show your wifi listedCustomer mysepctrum wifiCustomer does that show
Guest: It shows nmy 2 wireless networksCustomer select the my spectrum wifi 90 2 gCustomer it will ask for password..enter the passwordCustomer let me know once you have entered passwordCustomer are you there
Guest: Congratulations! We made it!Customer great..let me finalize teh installCustomer do you want to setup faxCustomer try to print somethingCustomer did it print
Guest: Perfect! This doc was thel main reason for setting up my printer today. ThxCustomer you are welcomeCustomer the ink is running low so whenever you get a chance do buy ink if not already purchasedCustomer let me know if you have any questiosn before we end the remote session
Guest: None! You did a great job!Customer thanks for using the service. i will now close the remote session..bye!