Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Our Epson CX6000 printer just won't print. It doesn't

Customer Question
Second opinion] our Epson...

Second opinion] our Epson CX6000 printer just won't print. It doesn't indicate it's out of ink.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your CX6000: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't believe we have ever updated the printer driver software?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Will he advise on the update situation?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/14/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Unfortunately that didn't work. The printer goes thru all the motions feeding the paper, etc. and sounds like it's printing but the pages still come out blank. The fellow at Staples said that we should print something in colour every so often because the ink drys and cloggs the jets. We haven't printed colour forever but the black doesn't even work. We were away for 6 weeks and wonder if it too is now clogged? Is there a way to unclogg them?
I don't think it has anything to do with the connection to the computer because it doesn't work even when we scan directly on the printer. Goes through the same motions.
We are going to hook up my sisters printer to see if it works here and then will get back to you

Yes, please do and let me know the result.

If the other printer also does not work, then the next step would be to download and update to the most current drivers - if any updates were recently installed the updates may block printing from working until the drivers are updated.

I am waiting for my friend to see how we can get my sisters printer to respond to commands from the computer. Her printer works on its own printing both black and white and colour. We will get back to you later. Thanks

Ok, thanks.

If the other printer also does not work with the computer, I recommend downloading the current drivers for the printer and installing them on the computer. Below is a link to the driver download page:

click here

Make sure to select the operating system that is installed on the computer using the drop down box on the web site before downloading and select the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package for download.

After download, if prompted to run the installer confirm that you wish to run it, otherwise double click the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation. If you have questions with any of the steps just let me know.