Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have Canon TR 7520 and it says the scanning unit (cover)

Customer Question
I have Canon TR...

I have Canon TR 7520 and it says the scanning unit (cover) is open but it is not

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your Canon printer when you try to scan?

It wont do anything other than give me that code

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I havent

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/14/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

First, open it up, as if about to replace cartridges. Check briefly for loose parts, debris, loose hinges, anything that might be fouling the cover/scanner upper part of the printer as it goes down. Then shut it down firmly.

Unplug from the power.

Leave that way for at least 20 minutes to cool down and reset.

Then plug in to power, try it again.

If that doesn't cure it, tell me in Reply: - how old is this TR7520 printer?

- and, how long has this problem been showing up?

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Only had it for a month and just started acting up yesterday.

OK. If, when disconnected from the computer (or at least the computer shut down and turned Off) and also reset (by pulling the power plug on the printer) for a while, the error repeats itself obstinately even when the printer is powered On again as a stand-alone device, and you try to e.g. do a photocopy on it... then it's defective, it's a month old, and its failure is covered by Canon's warranty.

To invoke a warranty claim on it, for free-of-charge service-repairing by Canon, call 1-800-OK-CANON, or go to this page:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Thanks.