Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Our WF 500 has worked very well until now. However, when the…

Our WF 500 has...

Our WF 500 has worked very well until now. However, when the 500 is turned on, it signals a paper jam in the scanner. Neither I nor my wife can find jammed paper anywhere but now the printer does not work until we get the ghost paper unjammed. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

There hasn't been one but now the printer does not respond to any command/

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It hasn't been updated/

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

WE get the same jammed paper signal whether the printer is connected or didconnected to the computer.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question. All I ask is that you please give me a 5 star rating when satisfied. thank you :)

the paper jam in the scanner would mean the ADF unit on top where you place originals to be scanned or copied

they usually open up by pulling the top of it up and away from the the direction the page goes in so you can see if something is jammed in it.

Robert M., Consultant