Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I keep getting an error read 0x610000f6. HP OfficeJet 6600.

Hello, I keep getting...

Hello, I keep getting an error read 0x610000f6

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP OfficeJet 6600

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

The past few days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

A few weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

3/13/2018
jinsmn
jinsmn, Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Is this printer connected to the computer using USB cable or Wireless connection?

Hello, It is wireless
Can you provide assistance without remote assistance?

Okay, are you on a Windows computer or Mac computer?

Windows

Okay, please refer this HP KB Article and try the troubleshooting suggested there. It is for a different model, but the trouble shooting steps are same for any models.

Hello,This did not resolve the problem.
Also, when I shut down the computer and restart it, it comes up as an error in shutting down, despite using the power button.
The cartridge carriage makes a ticking noise when the computer starts. I am not sure that it is moving. I have removed the cartridges and reinserted them. This has had no effect.

Do you have another set of cartridge to replace and check?

I can check that right now.

Okay, check and let me know the result.

I tried that and it did not work. I also pressed align the print head under tools.

Okay, please factory reset the printer and check the result. Click here to see how to do factory reset.

Hello,I did that and continue to see the same error code.

If the factory reset didn't resolved the issue, it is a hardware failure. Most probably the mechanical part related to cartridge area or a small board associated with it need to be replaced. You need to contact the Printer Service shop for the repair.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Regards

Jins

jinsmn
jinsmn, Engineer
Hello Jins,While it certainly wasn't the answer I was hoping for, I am most grateful for your time and attention. You provided me with various options to try and guided me through the steps. Also, I now have an action plan, which is helpful.Addtionally, your response was highly professional and well written.Thank you for your assistance,
With kind regards,
Elizabeth

Thank you very much for your appreciating words. Remember me, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-jinsmn/

Regards
Jins