Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't get it to recognise my computer. EpsonXP442. I have…

I can't get it...

I can't get it to recognise my computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

EpsonXP442

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

I have only just bought it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not sure

3/13/2018
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Technician

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

So you need to install the printer on the computer, right?

it says it can't find computer

Where does it say? on the the keypad on the printer?

arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Technician

Just give me a second while i get you the tool for the remote session

ok

Thanks

May i know the model of the computer you are trying to connect it to?

I have

Can you give me the model no of your computer?

OSX El CAPITAN 10.11.6
It says it can' find computer

Wait

Please follow the instructions to start a remote session.

Click here to download and run secure remote tool.

Procedure:

1: Click the above link

2: On the next page,Click the green button which says "I Agree"

3: Click "Download"

4: Double click program to run after download

Let me know if you have any issues in running the tool

What is going on

Did you download the remote tool?

What is going on it would not let me down load it as it was not safe

Its because it needs java to run.

Let me give you a different tool then.

https://anydesk.com/platforms

Go to the above link and download the tool listed under Apple macOS.

Once it is done downloading, open up the tool and let me know

I never got any satis faction from you and so it was resolved by telstra so I expect my $55. to be to be put back on my card.
Thank you.

Call up our customer care at 1800-679-634 and they will help you out with the billing issues