Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I perform a firmware update to my FTC-j6510dw

Customer Question
How do I perform...

How do I perform a firmware update to my FTC-j6510dw printer?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

I am trying to print from my iPad Pro 12.9

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have spoken to Mac tech support and they suggested to update as they could not help me and both the iPad and printer are on the same network and the printer is connected to the wifi

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/13/2018
Technician: Eldon, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

You'll need to do the update from your computer (I assume you have a mac),

which you may do by simply downloading the update file here: http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj6510dw_all&os=10045&dlid=dlf005036_000&flang=4&type3=318

click the blue box there to agree, and from there you will open/install it and it will install the update to the printer.

Let me know if that works for you, please.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.